Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday walks

I'm going to have to rethink my Sunday walks. Despite years of nursing and working Sundays I still have a belief, the result of my catholic upbringing, that weekends are weekends and that Sunday is a day of rest. During the week I work during the morning, (at the moment this is digging one of my plots of land!), the weekends I like to walk but Sunday is becoming impossible. The woods are invaded by hunters and now, if I stick to the road, I am being attacked by dogs. For the last couple of weeks two of the dogs, in a neighbouring village, have taken a fancy to me, they jump around me and fight each other for my attention. That doesn't worry me too much as I don't think they wish me any harm, though it is a little disconcerting! Today I was 'attacked' by four, two were the 'friendly' dogs but two were distinctly unfriendly, one even nipped the back of my leg. I wished I'd had a stick!
It's definately limiting my Sunday walks, I think there is now only one possible route I can take. I may yet be reduced to working outside on a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment