Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Last day

I caught the sun yesterday. Lazy day today, Osaka, the antidote to all the temples of the last few days. First to the port for a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel, a view over the industrial and business side of Japan. I got there early so wondered around some ofthe port.


Then on to Hommachi, a shopping area. I found a Starbucks, how sad I am that I can get excited over sitting down with a coffee and a cookie!


Japan. I think, probably the easiest oriental country to travel in, though as it's the only one I've done I may be wrong. No scams, no rip-offs, everyone very friendly, polite and helpful, you just have to keep smiling and bowing. No Japanese is necessary really though my, now 10 phrases, always raised a smile of acknowledgement. Tomorrow the ferry to Shanghai, 48 hours then another cultural experience, no more blogging I think.

1 comment:

  1. Dying to see pics. SO totally impressed by your journey!

    ReplyDelete