Sunday, September 2, 2012

I plan my Autumn caminos!

It's that time again! I have 2 Caminos planned. I want to do the Camino de Invierno and have the idea to start this from home, I need a Credencial, I am going to see if I can get one in Ourense next week, if not I will ask for one from Mundicamino.  I will do this this month as a preparation for my long Camino. I have booked 2 nights in Toulouse, 9th & 10th October. I just hope the weather is kind to me and that I manage the climb up to Somport. I doubt very much that I will ever attempt it again, I see this as a one off.

I've tried to carry on walking over the summer but it hasn't really worked. I'd walk for a couple of days, then it would get really hot and I stop, then it would get cool again, eventually I would realise it was cool enough to walk, walk a couple of days and it would get really hot ...etc. Now I have been walking in earnest for about 2 weeks, I try to get out early-ish before it gets too hot but a long walk always gets into the hot part and I don't like getting up early.  Walking through A Fraga is lovely at this time.

I had a shock the other morning, I thought someone had carved a statue of a goat and put it in the middle of the path, then I realised that the 'statue' had hair, it was motionless for ages and didn't show any signs of life, I started to fear it was dead and had remained on it's feet, I don't know if this is possible. Eventually I started to walk by it, it very kindly stepped to one side and let me pass! It was certainly a live goat but it stood motionless for quite a while.


 My favourite walk is up to the little chapel on the end of the hill, it's too small to see clearly.
I am fortunate that any walk I take involves going up and down hills, sometimes this doesn't seem like good fortune but then I think of the Pyrenees!! I am not good on hills, I spend a lot of time admiring the scenery:)
My Sunday walks will be restricted to roads from now on as the hunting season has started, I was stopped by men with guns this morning. They need to kill a few boar as they are doing loads of damage. 
I have 2 weeks to train for teh Invierno, hopefully 200kms will really toughen me up for Somport and the Aragones.

No comments:

Post a Comment