Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ready to go!

 I've got my train ticket and booked my hotel in Caceres. I haven't packed my bag yet but everything is in a pile ready. Tuesday I will be off, another early morning walk to the bus, then 8 hours on the train to Madrid. I hope the train to Madrid is not delayed as I only have a short time to cross Madrid for the train to Caceres.
I've been pretty good about walking regularly but I still huff and puff when I walk uphill. Friday, as I staggered uphill, I was driven to asking myself; 'Why, oh why am I doing this? Why don't I just give in and admit to old age?'  Why is walking sometimes pleasant and sometimes an awful chore? Why do I have the camino bug?
This winter has been very wet, very different from last year, and quite a bit of that has been snow, nevertheless there are signs that spring is coming. 
Primroses and violets are in flower.


There are also fields of tiny daffodils


But the woods still look creepy, it is easy to see why Galician folklore is full of witches and wood sprites. 

 The following picture was taken in a tiny, almost uninhabited village, but what a lovely touch, more like this on the Camino would be welcome.


2 comments:

  1. giving in to old age is not an option

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Ian, I'm sure I will feel really good when I've walked a week or two:)I hope!

    ReplyDelete